Tags: Presentation has no tags yet
Uploaded By: Anonymous user (not logged in)
- Using Moodle in Law...
- What LMS is your school...
- Is your School considering...
- WHY MOODLE at the Law...
- Moodle at the Wits law...
- Moodle as an Administrator
- Moodle Admin
- Moodle Resources
- Moodle Activities
- Moodle as an user
- Students like Moodle ...
- Innovative Instruction
- Team-Teaching with Moodle
- Moodle lessons from others
- This was a good...
- THANK YOU VERY MUCH
- Slide 2 - WebCT WebCT Educator Blackboard Moodle Others
- Slide 3 - Yes Yes No Maybe
- Slide 4 - Open source – better long-term financial investment for the school Open source – better long-term financial investment for the school Flexibility and options More Learning centered We can redefine what we do on a yearly basis. dynamic learning environment “Everyone-created” content
- Slide 6 - Selling features of Moodle Selling features of Moodle Profiles—I can “see” my students next to all of their work Activity reports—show posts, blogs, submitted assignments, etc. all in one place Easier to navigate
- Slide 7 - Notifications Notifications Users Courses Grades Location Language Modules Security Appearance Front Page Server Networking Reports miscellaneous
- Slide 8 - Logging in as a someone else Logging in as a someone else Search and add students to course Settings for self-creation of accounts Self-enroll process Enrollment file (user/course/group) Groups keep sections separate!!! less “sophistication” more options
- Slide 12 - It is easier to use It is easier to use They can create content Profiles make it easier to interact Easy access off campus Is more dynamic—students create profiles with pictures
- Slide 13 - Wikis Wikis Blogs Responsibility for their own learning
- Slide 14 - Advantages: Advantages: Lecturers can co-develop and share assignments without having to share students or a grade book if applicable. Students can be separated in groups and have access to their group only We don’t have to create separate forums, for example.
- Slide 15 - Like learning to drive a new car-same buttons in different places Like learning to drive a new car-same buttons in different places Learning to use the grade book and creating tests are tricky, but this is because I am used to something else, not because Moodle is “hard”. Moodle has more features – part of the challenge as an academic is determining how to use them
- Slide 16 - http://juris.law.wits.ac.za/moodle http://juris.law.wits.ac.za/moodle
- Slide 17 - Strongly Agree Strongly Agree Agree Neutral Disagree Strongly Disagree Do feel free to email me your comment to : Jordan.Seke@wits.ac.za