Uploaded By: Derek Keats
- Slide 1 - eLearning strategy & tactics A practical approach for the initiationof the eLearning Support and Innovation Unit (eLSI).
- Slide 3 - Purpose of strategy document to create the intellectual framework for support and innovation in eLearning at Wits according to the TIPS model; to embark upon a process to establish Wits as a leader in the field of e-learning and e-learning research; to ensure that our core operational areas of teaching-and-learning and research benefit optimally from our eLearning capability.
- Slide 4 - Definition eLearning : any use of information and communications technology in teaching-and-learning or postgraduate studies to enhance or support student learning and research
- Slide 5 - Vision Wits has technology savvy staff and students who are able to use technology effectively and efficiently to achieve their academic goals. They are supported by an eLearning Support and Innovation unit that is sensitive to our context yet innovative in its approach to applying technology to pedagogy, and pedagogy to technology. Wits is a leader in eLearning research and innovation, and uses this to continuously improve the quality of teaching-and-learning at the University.
- Slide 6 - Digital Academic Literacies
- Slide 7 - Intervention model
- Slide 10 - eLearning platforms 21st Century eLearning back end that supports open and connected learning Ability to support personal learning and personal learning environment creation and use Interact with ubiquitous technologies of the day Capacity for innovation and supporting the TIPS model Free Software
- Slide 12 - The stack
- Slide 13 - Private cloud infrastructure
- Slide 14 - Other aspects of technology Web 2.0 applications Innovation on ubiquitous technologies Classroom technology Student labs Student ownership of computers Mobility
- Slide 15 - Pedagogical approaches The eLSI will not demand particular pedagogical approaches, but will support whatever pedagogy academic staff wish to employ, while at the same time raising awareness of appropriate pedagogies, constructivist approaches emerging approaches, such as connectivism , autogogy and personal learning environments .