Tags: enterprise architecture
Uploaded By: Derek Keats
- Slide 1 - Towards an Agile Enterprise Architecture for Wits
- Slide 3 - Enterprise architecture defines the nature of what we call the operations (the business) of the institution the information necessary to operate the institution the technologies necessary to support the institution's operations, the change processes necessary for implementing new processesand technologies in response to the changing needs of the institution
- Slide 5 - What is the institution?
- Slide 6 - Reality for many institutions?
- Slide 7 - Reality for many institutions?
- Slide 8 - Our fundamental energy?
- Slide 9 - We are a complex system!
- Slide 10 - Federated system
- Slide 13 - Agile EA
- Slide 14 - Aligning
- Slide 15 - For the Wits, EA includes Architecture of institutional processes Including their federated, autonomous & uncertain components Processes and governance mechanisms for integration across silos, taking our complexity into consideration In line with existing governance mechanisms Aligned to the institution, not the other way around Application architecture aligned to our aspirations as a top higher education institution (2010 strategy) Including leveraging our own potential for innovation (TIPS) Technology architecture that is aligned to the application architecture Leading edge practice and beyond, managed risk
- Slide 16 - EA as steps or concurrent channels Executive and management buy-in to the concept (done) Development of EA strategy (in progress) Build EA into organization and governance (design done, testing with two programmes) Provide for monitoring mechanisms (to do) e.g. Maturity model and scorecard Create and align roles and responsibilities (programme / project basis) Marketing and communications plan (to do) Implementation through programmes and projects (started)
- Slide 19 - Programme A group of related projects managed in a coordinated way to achieve benefits and control not available by managing them individually Sanghera, P. 2008. Fundamentals of Effective Program Management: A Process Approach Based on the Global Standard. J. Ross Publishing Inc, 356 pp. A system that manages the life cycle of students within Wits is too big to be treated as a project, there are many projects within it Many of the initiatives that will address academic computing are also programme scale
- Slide 22 - Getting this and other presentations http://presentations.wits.ac.za Also, upload and contribute your own presentations to this library We are trying to be as open as possible, so information will be available on http://kim.wits.ac.za I often blog about things to get thoughts and discussion http://kim.wits.ac.za/dvcblog (leave your feedback!) Wits login works on all our sites...